Friends of the Rivers Educational Field Trips
- Social Studies: Fort Wayne and Indiana History – Grades 3, 4, 5
- Adaptive Education Experience: Social Studies (Funded by AWS Foundation)
- Ecology Tour: Grades 4, 5 (three lessons) Middle School Tours
- Ecology Tour: Grades 6, 7, 8 (three lessons)
- Ecology Tour: Biology – Grades 9, 10, 11 (three lessons)
- Adaptive Education Experience: Ecology Tour (Funded by AWS Foundation)
Schedule a Field Trip Today!
Please contact Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation at (260) 427-6000 to schedule a tour for your classroom or school.
Accommodations and Launch Site
Sweet Breeze has a capacity of 38 passengers, plus a crew of three. Wheelchairs are welcome and the boat is accessible to all. Boat tours depart from Promenade Park dock, located immediately north of Promenade Park/Ambassador Enterprises Amphitheatre (202 West Superior Street, Fort Wayne, IN, 46802)
Friends of the Rivers underwrites classroom field trips. The cost per student rider is $5. School staff may participate at no cost
Docents and Curriculum: Knowledgeable, on-board docents will lead your tour sharing stories and facts relevant to curriculum required for each grade level. Technology, visual aids, and hands-on experiments/opportunities are used to aid in understanding. Friends of the Rivers curriculum was developed specifically to meet Indiana academic standards and guidelines. For details, please contact Friends of the Rivers.